As project managers, we are continually making presentations – whether it's informally at internal team meetings or formally to steering committees, project sponsors, or to external stakeholders or clients. Yet many project managers don’t include presentation skills training in their annual sign-up letters or professional development plans.
Here’s 10 tips to help project managers make more effective presentations.
- Know your audience.
- Words matter.
- Provide a roadmap.
- Time management.
- Weave in examples whenever possible.
- Make it interactive.
- The slides are not the presentation.
- Speak with conviction.
- Socialize your presentation with key stakeholders in advance.
- Be prepared for questions.
Well I hope you enjoyed these tips and would encourage you to share your own by posting comments on our website or emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The opening of the show – “Torn Jeans”
2. The closing of the show – “Lazy Day”